Halloween
1:21 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
We had a great Halloween party at our church. This is the first year that T and I dressed up. I felt like a complete idiot, but it was also fun to just do something different. There were several things to do at the party. First of course we had a chili and pie cook-off. T's chili didn't place in the top three (even though it's the best), his pie didn't either...but my Fluffy Strawberry Pie took second place. After eating we had a few contests. First was a pumpkin carving contest which we only had 5 minutes to carve. We followed a pattern and the guys did a great job for being in a hurry. My hands were dirty so I never got pictures from that. Then the kids had a jello drinking contest. They had to drink the jello with a straw. Of course some of the teenage boys had to have their own contest with the leftover jello. Then they had a pie eating contest. They had small pudding pies for the adults who were brave. There was no hands allowed at all. T barely finished second. I think I was the fastest female though (or at least one of the top ones). Then of course the typical trunk-or-treat. We decided to just leave it at that and not go to base where we would have scored big. My kids are still little enough to not care that much. All in all it was a fun night.
Lizzy as Cinderella
Katie as a witch
Junior as a dinosaur
Lizzy getting ready to drink her Jello
Junior drinking his Jello. Too bad the contest was already done.
Getting ready to do the pie eating contest
Just beginning
T getting in it
T's pie. A Chocolate Raspberry Cheesepie. Yummy!

1 comments:
You're so good to catch up - I have pictures from September that I can't bring myself to post. In fact, I can't bring myself to post much of anything right now. Oh well, a couple more weeks and I'll have to post something. Love the pictures!
Post a Comment