The Space Shuttle

7:24 PM Edit This 0 Comments »

Ok.  So I know it's been a while since I've posted anything, so here goes.  The end of June T calls one day and is all "top secret" on me.  He tells me I need to come to base at such and such a time because there is something coming in that is cool.  I am to bring my camera and the camcorder.  That's basically the end of the conversation.  So...I drag all three kids up to base not knowing what cool plane is coming in.  Even when I get there T tells me there is something coming in that no one knows about because it's top secret.  I go to an open field area where I should get a good view to find there are already tons of people parked and waiting.  We literally parked and walked about 1/2 mile to get to the clearing.  It was about 90 degrees and tons of humidity.  In the end we had to wait about 45 minutes until it finally came.  The thing I loved the most about the whole situation is that "nobody knows about it coming," but everyone on base (and off) seemed to show up to watch it.  It was pretty cool though to see the shuttle on top of another airplane.  Makes you wonder at some of the amazing things we are able to do in this day and age.





0 comments: