Our summer vacation - part 1

6:55 PM Edit This 1 Comment »

We took our annual trip back home to Idaho.  The kids and I drove from Mississippi to Idaho in three days (doing about 10-12 hours each day).  T flew up a few days later.  If we would have waited for him we would have only been able to spend about a week at home.  This allowed us to stay about an extra week or so.  The kids did really well for being in a car for that long.  We were able to see deer outside our hotel.  All through Wyoming I would hear "windmill," "cow," or "water."  Junior especially was always so excited to see stuff.  I have been trying to get pictures of the state signs as we pass into a new state.  I finally discovered a function on my camera that has settings for different types of pictures you are going to take.  This allowed me to finally capture the signs as we are driving.  While we were in Idaho we mostly just hung out with family.  We did have our first annual Michael Law Family Reunion.  Unfortunately I have to wait to get pictures because I kept leaving my camera in the car.  But here is what I have so far.
I missed Utah's sign (both to and from)
The deer outside our hotel
I've been trying to get a Piggly Wiggly since we first moved here. 
It makes me think of Sweet Home Alabama.
One of our formal family pics from the reunion.
This is the whole shebang on my side
(minus my oldest two nephews who couldn't be there)

1 comments:

MaryAnn said...

'Bout time!!! I'm putting you on my blog roll. Loves!