The Circus

9:16 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
We were luckily enough to get to go to the Circus when it came through town.  The local tv station bought tickets for the families of deployed military members from CAFB.  We were also able to come early to meet a few of the performers and get to attempt balancing feathers on our hands.  Chick-fil-a also provided us with dinner before the show.  I felt very appreciated and blessed to be given the opportunity to go early and get VIP treatment.  The kids seemed to have a great time (at least after I calmed Katie after the loud music/fireworks at the beginning).  Katie still sat with her hands at her face ready to cover it.  There were times that she did, but with some gentle pulling she uncovered and watched the show.  Most of it was just fun and entertaining.  The only parts that were nerve-wracking for me were the lions and a trapeze artist that did a monkeybar-type apparatus using only his feet.  I seriously sat there thinking "please don't fall.  I have children that would be scarred for life."  Luckily all went as planned.  I would post more but I mostly got video.  I don't have a video uploader on my posting site.  Any help would be appreciated.
Just arrived.  Getting ready to go in.
Are we ready for the circus?  The smile says it all.
A couple of the clowns.  Stevie (left) is 17 and does some amazing juggling. 
He is very funny throughout the show. 
Teaching the military VIPs to balance a feather.  Not that tough
In front of one of the trailers after the show.
At our seats.  Not a bad view.

This is what I got when we came home
(We were there from 5 until the show ended about 9:30, then the hour drive to get home)

0 comments: