Pre-k graduation/1-4 Awards Day
10:11 PM Edit This 0 Comments »So, school finally ended for the girls last Thurday. I know...it is so late. Katie graduated from pre-k (at the school, full days, 5 days a week...lovely). Lizzy would have graduated from Kindergarten, but half way through the year, they moved her into 1st grade. She did great. Her biggest challenge was transitioning from Kindergarten homework (a sheet twice a week) to 1st grade homework (3-5 sheets M-Th). At the Awards Day Lizzy received the Arts award. They give one overall acheivement for each of the grades. She got it at the 1st grade level. Not bad considering she didn't get any artsie abilities from me (or T that I know of). She also was on the Principal's list (awarded to students that have an A or B average for the entire year). I was so proud of her. Anyways...here are some pics to enjoy.
Katie waiting for her "diploma"
Getting her diploma (obviously didn't get it too well with the people in the way)
Katie with some of her classmates and her teacher
(Yes she is one of only a handful of white children but we don't mind at all)
Katie and her best friend at school, Taylor
Katie with her teacher, Ms Marie
Such a cute girl. I just love her!
Lizzy at the awards day
Getting the Art award
Getting the Principal's List award
Art award
Principal's List award
(a lot of the kids were so excited that Barack Obama signed their award)

0 comments:
Post a Comment